CDC recommends that people in the following groups should receive a booster shot of Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID-19 Vaccine at least 6 months after completion of their 2-dose Pfizer series:
- People ages 65 years and older
- Adults 18+ living in long-term care settings
- People ages 50–64 years with underlying medical conditions
People who may receive a Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine booster include:
- People ages 18–49 with an underlying medical condition
- People ages 18–64 who are at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission due to working or residing in certain settings
People can talk to their healthcare provider about whether getting a Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 booster shot is appropriate for them.